Roasted Carrot-Jaggery Halwa
Chef Surjan Singh Jolly
Executive Chef at JW Marriott, Bengaluru
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 0.5 kg baby carrots, trimmed
- 250 mL milk
- 100 g jaggery
- 20 g almond flakes
- In pre-heated oven (200 °C), put carrots on tray and drizzle with canola oil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, turning carrots constantly so they do not burn or over char.
- Once done, remove tray from oven and let carrots cool. Blitz them coarsely and further cook with milk until mixture reduces to thick, slushy texture. Add jaggery and further stir until mixture evenly blends together.
- Add almond flakes and serve either hot or cold.
For More Recipes please like www.facebook.com/newznewonline. Also you can send us your recipes via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.