- Pavilion showcase of 13 fascinating cars: the most comprehensive range of Mercedes-Benz cars showcased ever
- Launch of the Mercedes-Maybach S 650 and the ‘Made in India’ BS VI Mercedes-Maybach S 560, to continue Maybach’s popularity in India
- Unveiling of the E-Class All-Terrain: Further line-up of unique vehicles and expand to newer segments in India
- With ‘Concept EQ’ Mercedes-Benz showcases how electric cars can soon move into the fast lane: the concept vehicle, with the appearance of a sporty SUV, gives a preview of a new generation of vehicles with battery-electric drives
- Customer centricity to be bedrock of ‘The Best Keeps Leading’ philosophy
- Display of the popular Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS F1 team car
- The price of the Mercedes-Maybach S 650 is INR 2.73 crores and the Mercedes-Maybach S 560 is priced at INR 1.94 crores (Ex-showroom All-India)
Continuing its strong leadership and winning brand position in the luxury car market for three consecutive years in India, the country’s largest luxury car brand Mercedes-Benz, reiterated its commitment to the Indian customer by showcasing an array of fascinating products at the 14th Auto Expo 2018. Mercedes-Benz kick-started its product offensive for 2018 with the launch of the exquisite Mercedes-Maybach S 650 and showcased the unique E-Class All-Terrain and the futuristic Concept EQ.
Based on the theme of ‘The Best Keeps Leading’, the Mercedes-Benz India pavilion features a total of 13 fascinating products and is the largest luxury car pavilion spread across 1548 sq. mt. area. Present on the occasion were Ms. Britta Seeger, Member of the Board of Management, Mercedes-Benz Marketing & Sales, Mr. Matthias Luehrs, Head, Region Overseas, Mercedes-Benz Cars and Mr. Roland Folger, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India.
Britta Seeger, Member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG, responsible for Mercedes-Benz Cars Marketing & Sales commented, “The strong and steady leadership of Mercedes-Benz India underlines our belief in the growth potential of the Indian market. We are going full speed ahead for our customers – not only with the best products, but also in sales and aftersales.”
Roland Folger, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India commented, “Auto Expo is the country’s flagship motor show and a great manifestation of the country’s sunshine automotive industry, at its best. The Auto Expo remains the perfect platform for Mercedes-Benz to showcase its ‘leadership’ in terms of products and brand experience to our discerning customers and auto enthusiasts.”
Mr. Folger added, “We kick-started 2018 by presenting the first ever ‘Made in India’ BS VI engine and fulfilling our commitment. Now with the launch of the Mercedes-Maybach S 650, and the showcase of the E-Class All-Terrain, we promise an exciting year ahead packed with stunning products, differentiating after-sales initiatives, innovative brand showcases and qualitative network expansion. All of which will firmly underline our ‘The Best Keeps Leading’ approach.”
Auto Expo 2018 Product Showcase:
- Mercedes-Maybach S 650
- ‘Concept EQ’ and the E-Class E 220 d 4MATIC All-Terrain
Other showcase cars:
- E-Class E 350 d
- Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 4MATIC Coupe
- AMG GT R
- GLS 350d 4MATIC
- C-Class Cabriolet C 300
- GLA 220d 4MATIC
- C 250 d Edition C
- GLC 220 d 4MATIC
- AMG SLC 43
- F1 Car
Mercedes-Maybach S 650:
Mercedes-Maybach S 650 stands for the highest levels of exclusivity, perfect craftsmanship and automotive intelligence. Mercedes Maybach sedans guarantee an exceptional experience for passengers.
Key product highlights:
- First India introduction of EU6 Technology by Mercedes-Benz in a petrol vehicle
- New V12 M 279 engine with an output of 463 kW (630 hp) and 1000 Nm Torque
- Radar based Driving Assistance Systems
- New triple-torch design MULTIBEAM LED headlamps with ULTRA RANGE High beam
- New front and rear bumpers with chrome elements
- Next generation telematics with NTG 5.5
- Magic Body Control
- Magic Sky Control
- New LED tail lights with crystal-look tail lamp and Coming Home function
- 2×2 seats optionally available with folding tables
With ‘Concept EQ’, Mercedes Benz shows how electric cars can soon move into the fast lane: the concept vehicle, with the appearance of a sporty SUV, gives a preview of a new generation of vehicles with battery-electric drives.
Key product highlights:
- Exterior design with new electro-look
- Driver-oriented cockpit with new electro-look
- Interior with new, touch-based controls without knobs
- User interface design with individualized content
- Avant-garde, functional interior
- Lighting mood: from welcome scenario to electric blue
- Adaptive ambience lighting for a feel-good atmosphere
- Powerful electric drive: 300 kW total output with a range of up to 500 kilometers
- Driver assistance systems for maximum safety
- Extended communication by Car-to-X technology
Mercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain:
From unpaved tracks to rock climbing or steep serpentine roads to a snow-bound ski lodge– the new E Class All Terrain takes routes where conventional vehicles often have to give up. The E-Class All Terrain is the lifestyle-oriented, resilient vehicle. It combines perfectly the prominent look of the SUV-style with the intelligent spacing concept of the sedan.
Key product highlights
- The All-Terrain cuts a fine figure thanks to its striking SUV look with powerful flared wheel arches and SUV radiator grille
- The most stand-out feature of the striking front is the SUV-style two-fin grille with a star integrated in the center
- The distinctive front bumper and the paneling in underride guard-look, electroplated in silver-chrome, also contribute to the robust SUV appearance of the E-Class All-Terrain
- In the side view the black wheel arch covers are a distinctive feature that emphasize the all-terrain SUV character
- The special features of the interior include a trim part in aluminium-carbon look exclusive to the All-Terrain, stainless steel sports pedals with rubber studs and floor mats with All-Terrain badging
- The All-Terrain has DYNAMIC SELECT with All-Terrain mode as a standard feature
- Exclusive 19 inch light-alloy wheels gives the vehicle a confident look of a SUV, with the ability to tackle all terrains and enhanced comfort on rough roads
Key digital initiatives:
AR based chatbot “Ask Mercedes”:
- “Ask Mercedes” raises communication with the customer to a new level and provides answers in real time, 24/7, anywhere and via numerous communication channels (smartphone app, social media, and digital assistants).
The new app combines two functions:
- Chatbot: answers customers’ most frequently asked questions relating to the operation of current vehicles.
- Augmented reality (AR) function: with the aid of the camera in the customer’s smartphone, control buttons, control levers and displays can be scanned directly in the vehicle (initially E-Class and S-Class) to receive corresponding explanations.
Online marketplace for sale of Mercedes-Benz collection:
- Mercedes-Benz India have also rolled out an online marketplace to support dealers in the sale of collection items.
- The online store will house a range of genuine Mercedes-Benz collection items which consumers can purchase online and get delivered to their locations.
- The online shopping destination is https://www.shop-mercedes-benz.co.in/