Amritsari Kulcha Wedges
Chef Surjan Singh Jolly
Executive Chef at JW Marriott, Bengaluru
- 1.2kg refined flour
- 400 ml water (add more if needed) (kneed all together for pliable dough)
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- 100 ml of canola oil to make dough smooth and avoid the dough from sticking to the hand
- Add a bit of oil on your fingers and palm
1 cup onion, chopped
0.5 kg boiled potatoes, crushed
2 tsp roasted coriander seeds, crushed
2 tsp ginger, chopped
2-3 sprigs green coriander, chopped
1 green chilli, chopped
1 Tbsp anaar dana seed crushed
- salt to taste
4 Tbsp canola oil
- Make semi-firm dough with refined flour, water, salt and keep it covered with moist cloth for 1 hour in cool place.
- Combine all filling ingredients, except canola oil, and gently fold together.
- Check seasoning.
- Using your fingers and palms, make small balls (40-50 g each or size of medium potato) from dough and flatten to stuff with filling.
- Pack flattened dough with filling just enough to stuff and encase well.
- With rolling pin, flatten wedges again.
- In medium-hot, non-stick pan, brush wedges with canola oil and cook evenly on both sides.
- Serve wedges with coriander-mint chutney or curd (optional).
For More Recipes please like www.facebook.com/newznewonline. Also you can send us your recipes via our email: email@example.com.