Amchoori Dum Ki Bhindi
Chef Surjan Singh Jolly
Executive Chef at JW Marriott, Bengaluru
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- ½ tsp cumin seed
- 2 onion slice cuts
- 2 green chillis, chopped
- 1 Tbsp dried mango powder (amchoor)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 Tbsp green coriander, chopped
- ½ cup yogurt
- salt to taste
- Wash and trim bhindi at both ends, wipe dry and cut slit in center. Set aside.
- In heavy bottom pan, heat canola oil, then temper cumin seeds. Add onion, ginger, chilies, turmeric and then yogurt and reduce to pasty texture, stirring continuously. Add mango powder and coriander leaves. Season and cool
- Pack slit bhindi with mixture and steam with double boil method or idly steamer set up for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve hot with roti.
For More Recipes please like www.facebook.com/newznewonline. Also you can send us your recipes via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.